Why Load Testing?
The number of websites seems to grow exponentially year after year, and yet some things haven’t
changed at all since the Web was first invented. The need for load testing is one example, and yet the tools
haven't kept pace with the advances in Web technology itself. Known for their high cost and
complexity, load testing tools have historically been something that only the larger companies can
afford. But with open-source tools like JMeter and the limitless scalability of the cloud, the game has
changed dramatically. Now even the smallest startup can afford to do load testing, and just like larger companies they must if they
want to guarantee responsiveness and round-the-clock availability.
From the inventor of the first automated test tool for the PC, Loadzilla was designed to make it as easy as possible to build and run sophisticated load tests in
minutes, without any coding. It’s an entirely cloud-based platform as opposed its competitors, which
are either on-premise or SaaS (Software-as-a-Service). In addition to its ease of use, Loadzilla offers limitless
scalability at low cost, in an industry known for its complex tools and high cost of ownership. It also
integrates with open-source tools like JMeter and Gatling, letting you choose the right tool for the right job.
Inside or outside the firewall, from Dev to Production, Loadzilla does it all!
All you need to start using Loadzilla is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account, and if you don’t have
one already what are you waiting for? At five cents per hour, a Loadzilla server costs less than a
Starbucks Venti for a full 40 hours of testing. At two cents per hour, a Loadzilla agent will run up to
1,000 virtual users depending on the application. So a test that uses 10,000 or even 100,000 virtual
users can be run for pocket change, compared to the 5 or 6 digit figure charged by some of our
competitors. That’s just one thing that makes it disruptive, game-changing technology!
For Service Providers
The Loadzilla Platform is the first of its kind anywhere - a PaaS server that also operates in SaaS mode.
The PaaS server is designed for the whole team to share wherever they are, with each one getting their own account on the site and organizing their work by projects.
To run multiple tests simultaneously just spin up extra controllers. Start as many agents as you need and tear them down when finished. To run a bigger test spin up a
bigger server for that project. When running in SaaS mode it is called the Loadzilla Reseller Platform, which lets testing companies create their own branded web site
where their customers can sign up for subscription plans at prices that they define. This lets them turn performance testing engagements into long term revenue!
The true cost of ownership for any tool is not just the cost of the tool itself but the cost of the person
using it. Open-source tools may be free but the skills it takes to use them are most certainly not! That’s
why Loadzilla is such a game-changer in an industry that is famous for pricey tools requiring
programming skills to operate. As you’ll see if you watch this brief tutorial, you can learn how to use
Loadzilla in 5 minutes, even if you have no coding experience at all. Just basic knowledge of the HTTP
protocol is all it takes, and that’s good enough for 80% of the cases – for the other 20%, a tool like
JMeter or Gatling can fill in the missing gaps. In that sense, Loadzilla and JMeter are complimentary,
each of them providing things the other one lacks. See the documentation for more!
For Service Providers
Loadzilla™ is next generation technology in the web load testing space. Hands down, it blows away the competition on cost, ease of use and raw power or scalability. It’s the first fully integrated load testing platform in the cloud, available through a web portal. The bad news for our competitors is that the virtual user pricing model of the past 25 years is now a thing of the past. We believe that the size and duration of a test is between our customers and their cloud provider. Loadzilla™ can generate over a million hits per minute for just tens of dollars, not tens of thousands like our competitors charge! And it runs not only its own tests but open source as well, from dev to QA, QA to staging and staging to production! All you need to get started is an AWS account, which takes just minutes to set up. So don’t wait any longer, hop on the wave of the future right now!